The 2017 LITA Forum Committee seeks proposals for the 20th Annual Forum of the Library Information and Technology Association in Denver, Colorado from November 9-12, 2017.
The Forum Committee welcomes proposals for full-day preconferences, concurrent sessions, workshops, or poster sessions related to all types of libraries: public, school, academic, government, special, and corporate. Collaborative, hands-on, and interactive concurrent sessions—such as panel discussions, hands-on practical workshops, or short talks followed by open moderated discussions—are especially welcomed. We deliberately seek and strongly encourage submissions from underrepresented groups, such as women, people of color, the LGBTQA+ community, and people with disabilities.
The submission deadline is
Friday, May 19, 2017 EXTENDED until Friday, June 2, 2017.
Proposals could relate to, but are not restricted to, any of the following topics:
- Discovery, navigation, and search
- Practical applications of linked data
- Library spaces (virtual or physical)
- User experience
- Emerging technologies
- Cybersecurity and privacy
- Open content, software, and technologies
- Assessment, analytics, and metrics
- Systems integration
- Hacking the library
- Scalability and sustainability of library services and tools
- Consortial resource and system sharing
- “Big Data” — work in discovery, preservation, or documentation
- Library I.T. competencies
- Diversity in library technology
- Technology Leadership and Administration
Proposals may cover projects, plans, ideas, or recent discoveries. We accept proposals on any aspect of library and information technology. The committee particularly invites submissions from first-time presenters, library school students, and individuals from diverse backgrounds.
Vendors wishing to submit a proposal should partner with a library representative who is testing/using the product.
Presenters will submit final presentation slides and/or electronic content (video, audio, etc.) to be made available online following the event. Presenters are expected to register and participate in the Forum as attendees; a discounted registration rate will be offered.